Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere—work, restaurants, bars, grocery stores, the mall, sidewalks, or even at a friend’s home. These injuries can have lasting, devastating results.
Know the Facts
- Over 540,000 individuals require hospital care for slip and fall injuries in North America each year;
- Slip and falls are the number one cause of accidents in hotels, restaurants, or public buildings, with 70% of those occurring on flat and level surfaces;
- Slip and falls are the second most common cause of workplace fatalities;
- Adults over the age of 55 are more likely to slip and fall, and for those over age 65, the number of deaths from a slip and fall is four times higher than any other age group;
- 20-30% of people experience an injury after a slip and fall—these injuries include head trauma, broken bones, and lacerations;
- Falls account for 8.9 million visits to the Emergency Room every year.
Various conditions and the negligence of others can contribute to your injuries:
- Wet floor;
- Highly polished floors;
- Failing to use proper signage or barriers to warn of a hazardous floor;
- Ice or snow;
- Inadequate lighting;
- Obstacles in walking area
Slippery floors are exceptionally dangerous. Slipping on a floor because of someone else’s negligence may entitle you to compensation for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, or other losses incurred because of your injury. Slip and fall accidents focus on the property owner’s awareness of any dangerous condition on his or her property.
It can be hard to prove that the property owner knew, or should have known, of the dangerous condition that resulted in your injury. Simply falling inside of a business does not automatically make tan owner liable for your damages.
Our Firm has over 20 years of experience in litigating personal injury claims such as slip and fall cases. We will be with you every step of the way to help compensate you for the pain and lifestyle changes as a result of your fall. Contact our Office today at 480-704-0777 to see how we can help.