Taxi Accidents – Causes and Injuries
You may need to take a taxi because you’re trying to be safe and avoid drinking and driving, or you take a taxi to the airport as to not leave your car overnight. Riding in a taxi can feel much like riding an amusement park roller coaster, yet they are considered fairly safe. When taxi accidents do happen, however, they can be extremely harmful since few people elect to wear a seatbelt in a cab.
Know the Facts
- There are about 13,000 taxi and limousine drivers in Arizona. Those drivers must undergo random, annual drug testing and mandatory pre-employment drug testing, as a basic safety requirement in public transportation.
- Passengers who do not wear seat belts in taxis are twice as likely to suffer serious injuries or fatalities when compared to passengers who wore their seat belts.
- Drivers who are on the road more than eight hours a day have slower reflexes and response times. In the U.S., more than 2 million accidents were due to driver fatigue.
Causes of Taxi Accidents
A taxi accident may be due to the fault of your taxi driver or the other driver may be at fault. Common causes of accidents include:
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving (texting while driving or talking on the phone while driving)
- Drunk driving
- Violation of traffic laws
Injuries from Taxi Accidents
Injuries from a taxi collision can range from minor to fatal. Injuries could include:
- Spinal injuries
- Broken bones
- Facial trauma
- Brain damage
- Internal damage
Arizona taxis are required to be covered by an insurance policy of at least $300,000. This includes coverage for personal liability, property damage, and uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
How Oracle Law Can Help You
All law firms are not created equal. The Phoenix accident attorneys of Oracle Law Group understand that nothing can make up for the physical and emotional pain an accident victim has felt, but we want to help you with the recovery of the monetary compensation you deserve.
While other law offices will have a paralegal evaluate your case, Beauchamp Law will always have an attorney evaluate your personal injury claim.
We have a Registered Nurse on staff, who is also a licensed attorney, that brings compassion and warmth to our legal services. We understand that this is a stressful time in your life, so we will try to alleviate some of that stress by keeping you apprised of what is happening with your case so you can make informed, educated decisions when necessary.
We serve clients in Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Mesa, Scottsdale and other cities throughout the State of Arizona.
Call us today to schedule your complimentary consultation. You pay zero fees unless you recover: (480) 704-0777