Elevator and Escalator Accidents
Millions of people use elevators and escalators without a second thought. No one ever thinks they will be the victim of an elevator or escalator accident—that is, until it happens to you. The severe injuries that elevators and escalators can inflict are truly devastating. Elevator and escalator accidents can result in brain trauma, permanent disfigurement, and even death. If a loved one has been fatally injured by an elevator or escalator, you may have a wrongful death claim.
Know the Facts
- Nearly 1 million elevators are in service in the U.S., and an estimated 35,000 escalators operate nationwide.
- Each individual elevator transports roughly 20,000 individuals per year. This amounts to 20,000,000,000 people using elevators in the U.S. per year.
- Each individual escalator transports about 12,000 individuals per year, meaning escalators accommodate over 420,000,000 riders.
- Every year, over 10,000 people are sent to the ER because of escalator accidents.
Common Causes of Elevator Accidents
- Elevator drops or rises quickly
- Elevator gets stuck in between floors
- Elevator doors fail to open or close when expected
- Elevator floor is not level with the building floor
Common Causes of Escalator Accidents
- Extremities get caught in area where moving steps meet the side of the escalator
- Clothing (shirts, sandals, etc.) get caught in area where moving steps meet the side of the escalator
- Extremities caught in the threshold at the end of the escalator
- Tripping on the moving stairs
- Falling over the escalator handrail
How Beauchamp Law Can Help You
All law firms are not created equal. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to an elevator or escalator accident, then the Phoenix personal injury attorneys of Oracle Law Group are willing to fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
While other law offices will have a paralegal evaluate your case, Beauchamp Law will always have an attorney evaluate your personal injury claim. We have a Registered Nurse on staff, who is also a licensed attorney, that brings compassion and warmth to our legal services.
We understand that this is a stressful time in your life, so we will try to alleviate some of that stress by keeping you apprised of what is happening with your case so you can make informed, educated decisions when necessary.
We serve clients in Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Mesa, Scottsdale and other cities throughout the State of Arizona.
Call us today to schedule your complimentary consultation. You pay zero fees unless you recover: (480) 704-0777