Many Arizonans love boating because it gives them a chance to enjoy the sunshine with a breeze. However, a seemingly safe hobby may be fatal. It is crucial to contact an attorney experienced in boating accidents to ensure your rights are protected and that the responsible party is held accountable for your loss.
Top Five Factors Leading to Boating Accidents
- Operator inattention
- Improper lookout
- Operator inexperience
- Excessive speed
- Machinery failure
Know the Facts
- There are 11,993,067 registered recreational vessels in the United States in 2013.
- In 2013, the Coast Guard counted 4,062 accidents. Of those accidents, there were 560 deaths and 2,620 injuries.
- In 2013, there was approximately $39 million dollars of property damage as a result of recreational boating accidents.
- Where cause of death was known, 77% of fatal boating accident victims drowned.
- 8 out of every 10 boaters who drowned were using vessels less than 21 feet in length.
- Alcohol use is the leading known contributing factor in fatal boating accidents—it factors in 16% of deaths.
- The most boating fatalities occur between the months of May and September and between the times of 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
How Beauchamp Law Can Help You
All law firms are not created equal. Choosing the right attorney, with the right experience, makes all the difference for your case. Don’t let just any attorney handle your boat accident personal injury case. Boat accidents require knowledge of regulations that are complicated and beyond the scope of many personal injury lawyers.
The Arizona boat accident attorneys at Oracle Law Group are equipped to handle your case. Beauchamp Law has an attorney on staff that is also a registered nurse, bringing compassion and warmth to her legal work. We want to help you on the road to recovery by evaluating your legal claims that may entitle you to compensation for your losses.
We serve clients in Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Mesa, Scottsdale and other cities throughout the State of Arizona.
Call us today to schedule your complimentary consultation with an attorney. You pay zero fees unless you recover: (480) 704-0777