Most people don’t give sidewalks a second thought; we simply assume they are safe. Like anything in life, if someone doesn’t make sure they are maintained, they will become run-down. Poorly maintained sidewalks can result in serious head injuries, broken bones, injured backs, lacerations, and even death.
Know the Facts
- The most frequent source of injury for pedestrians is sidewalk accidents with 24% of pedestrian injuries attributed to an uneven or cracked sidewalk.
- While most sidewalks are constructed by the city, many times the owner of the premises that the damaged sidewalk is in front of that bears some of the responsibility.
- Sidewalk injuries can be confusing for a victim since the joint responsibility of the city and the property owner may make someone uncertain on who to sue to recover damages.
Common Causes of Sidewalk Injuries
- Cracks: Cracks or uneven portions of the pavement usually develop over time from weather changes, tree roots, or from age.
- Debris: Debris can wreak havoc on a sidewalk and greatly impair the safety of the walkway.
- Potholes: These are menaces to pedestrians. Potholes develop when concrete or asphalt separates. A variety of factors contribute to the creation of potholes—water, snow, ice, trees and shrubs can all force the concrete to break.
- Ice or Snow: The accumulation of ice and snow is dangerous anywhere, but especially on well-traveled sidewalks. Ice is difficult to see, particularly “black ice” (a virtually transparent thin layer of ice), and can result in severe head trauma for someone who doesn’t know it’s there. Luckily for the majority of Arizonans, ice and snow accumulation is not a real issue.
How Beauchamp Law Can Help You
All law firms are not created equal. If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury due to a sidewalk accident, then the Phoenix sidewalk attorneys of Oracle Law Group are willing to fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
While other law offices will have a paralegal evaluate your case, Beauchamp Law will always have an attorney evaluate your personal injury claim. We have a Registered Nurse on staff, who is also a licensed attorney, that brings compassion and warmth to our legal services.
We understand that this is a stressful time in your life, so we will try to alleviate some of that stress by keeping you apprised of what is happening with your case so you can make informed, educated decisions when necessary.
We serve clients in Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Mesa, Scottsdale and other cities throughout the State of Arizona.
Call us today to schedule your complimentary consultation. You pay zero fees unless you recover: (480) 704-0777