Propecia Diagnostic Testing
Several diagnostic tests can help a man determine if he has suffered sexual dysfunction side effects related to his use of Propecia .A man questioning side effects should consult a physician and have diagnostic testing performed. If diagnostic testing confirms erectile dysfunction, a man might want to consider bringing a claim against Merck & Co., the manufacturer of Propecia. Oracle Law Group will be happy to investigate your claim.
Diagnostic tests useful in diagnosing impotence and erectile dysfunction include:
· Physical Examination. A careful examination of the penis and testicles and checking the nerves for feeling.
· Patient History Evaluation. Physician interview about sexual activities, medications, and surgeries.
· Laboratory Blood Tests. A sample of blood to check for signs of heart disease, diabetes, low testosterone levels and other health problems.
· Urine testing (urinalysis). Like blood tests, urine tests are used to look for signs of diabetes and other underlying health conditions.
·Doppler Ultrasound. This test can check blood flow to the penis. It involves using a wand-like device (transducer) held over the blood vessels that provide the blood supply for the penis. It creates a video image.
Injection Doppler Ultrasound. Transducer blood supply study in combination with an injection of medications into the penis to determine if blood flow increases normally.
· Psychological Examination. A doctor asks questions to screen for depression and other possible psychological causes of erectile dysfunction.
I · Nocturnal Penile Tumescence Testing (NPT). A strain gauge is used with two loops, one placed around the base of the penis and the other around the tip (under the glans).to measure the change in penile circumference. A second part of the test uses a snap gauge to measure penile rigidity.
Men who took Propecia should be knowledgeable regarding the diagnostic tests available to diagnose erectile dysfunction. Oracle Law Group is currently investigating claims against the manufacturer of Propecia. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.