On Tuesday, March 19th, a vehicle involved in a car accident caught fire resulting in the closure of Thomas Road between 107th and 99th avenues. Avondale Fire Department Deputy Chief Ron Deadman said the accident caused the fuel tank in one of the vehicles to rupture and catch fire. According to Deputy Chief Deadman, one of the vehicle’s drivers suffered minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital. The other driver, according to Chief Deadman, refused medical attention.
Unfortunately, car accidents rates in Arizona continue to increase. According to the Arizona Motor Vehicle Department, in 2009, the statistics were rather alarming:
- One person was killed in a car accident every 10.88 hours.
- Between 2 and 3 persons were killed in a car accident each day.
- 138.56 persons were injured in a car accident every day.
- 5.48% of all car accidents were alcohol related.
- 34.41% of all fatal accidents involved alcohol.
- 7.94% of pedestrian accidents were fatal.
- 73.2% of all accidents occurred between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- 4,093 children age fourteen and younger were injured in car accidents.
- 43 children age fourteen and younger were killed in an automobile accident.
Car accidents can be incredibly emotional for everyone involved. If you have been injured in an automobile accident, contact the injury attorneys at Oracle Law Group to find out whether you are entitled to some form of compensation. The car accident attorneys at Oracle Law Group have handled many injury cases and will guide you through every step of the legal process.