Chandler Police have announced that the majority of accidents at city intersections are caused by drivers following too closely and distracted. Distractions while driving including texting, changing the radio station, or applying makeup will not only result in an auto accident but a citation for violation of A.R.S. § 28-730A, following too closely and A.R.S § 28-701A, reasonable and prudent speed.
According to Chandler Police Department, there have been 527 accidents this year through August 31st, 2012 at the 25 chandler intersections with the most crashes.
The most dangerous intersections with the most accidents in the Chandler, Arizona region from Jan. 1 to Aug. 31 are:
- Chandler Boulevard/Price: 46.
- Ray Road/Price: 36.
- Ray Road/Dobson Road: 32.
- Warner Road/Arizona Avenue: 29.
- Chandler Boulevard/Dobson Road: 24.
- Chandler Boulevard/Kyrene Road: 23.
- Ray Road/Alma School Road: 23.
- Loop 202/Arizona Avenue: 23.
- Chandler Boulevard/Alma School Road: 22.
- Ray Road/McClintock Drive: 21.
- Ray Road/Arizona Avenue: 21.
- Chandler Boulevard/Metro Boulevard: 20.
- Queen Creek Road/Price Road: 19.
- Queen Creek Road/Arizona Avenue: 19.
- Loop 202/Alma School Road: 19.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a vehicular accident as a result of another driver’s distracted driving and following too closely, do not try to handle everything by yourself. Even if the other driver has been cited for such driving behavior, dealing with insurance companies and medical providers is a complex, often frustrating, process but the experienced Arizona personal injury attorneys at Oracle Law Group can help. Our staff of veteran personal injury lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured, do not hesitate. Contact your Ahwatukee accident and serious injury attorneys at Oracle Law Group today for your free consultation. We listen, we care, and we want to help.
Coe, J. (2012, November 7). Distracted driving tops concerns. The Arizona Republic. Retrieved from http://www.azcentral.com/community/chandler/articles/20121031chandler-most-dangerous-intersections-online-prog.html