Car Accident Statistics
Positive thinking can go a long way. But when it comes to car accidents in the United States each year, the numbers do not lie. Everyone thinks a car accident can’t, or won’t happen to him or her. The truth is, it can happen to anyone.
While we sincerely hope no harm ever comes your way, the statistics are sobering. Below are some car accident and injury statistics (according to lawcore.com):
– Each year there are, on average, more than 6 million car accidents
– More than 3 million people are injured due to these car accidents
- More than 2 million of these injuries are permanent
– Every year the United States suffers more than 40,000 car accident related deaths
- Thankfully, this number has been on a downward trend
– 40% of these auto related accidents are the result of the involvement of a drunken driver
– 30% of car accident fatalities can be attributed to driving over the speed limit
– By the time you finish reading this article, another person’s life will be lost. Every 12 minutes, one person dies as a result of a car accident
- Every 14 seconds, a car accident causes yet another victim to be injured
– The leading cause of death for individuals ages 1 to 30, is car accident involvement
– More than 25% of all car drivers were involved in car accidents in a five-year period
– Additionally, 25% of car accidents are caused due to talking on a mobile device while driving
If you have been a victim of a car accident, reach out to us; because to us, you aren’t just a number. To us, you aren’t just a statistic. Let us help you obtain the settlement to which you are entitled. We serve personal injury and wrongful death victims throughout Arizona, including those victims in Tempe, Chandler, Apache Junction, Gilbert, Ahwatukee, Avondale, Glendale, Scottsdale, and Tucson.